Monday, April 11, 2011

The Adventure Continues for my Toothless Wonder!

My little Ethan, who is two going on three, lost his two front teeth last night! I can't believe it either. His brother rammed into him. Jaden was riding a scooter and Ethan was standing on his little tykes car. His head went forward and his 2 front teeth came out. I wasn't home at the time it happened, but Daddy did retrieve the teeth.

So now my little Ethan has a giant hole in the front of his mouth. And I must admit this has been a hard thing for me to deal with. Now granted I know it could've been so much worse...stitches, broken bones, etc. But still, as a mom I want my child to be perfect, and to look perfect! And now it's just not looking picture perfect anymore.

However, as I dealing with all of this, I read a story to  my son today, called "Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and His Big Adventure". Sir Charlie deals with monsters by feeding them his sandwiches, and by taming the fire-breathing dragon by giving him a long, cold drink. (It was a very cute book, indeed.) But, as I'm reading this book, I came to the realization that my life is an adventure. And no adventure turns out perfect, otherwise it is just boring. But it is usually filled bumps in the road. I just have to use what I'm given from God and deal with the things as they come. That's part of enjoying the adventure. And then as I stop along the adventure and look back, I can marvel at how I got through it.

And so I'm writing this down to help me process this, to remind myself that it's ok that my son doesn't look the perfect part that I wanted him too. Yes, we will get it fixed, and go with it. (Ethan has his first dentist visit today.) But along the adventure, I have to keep looking toward the goal, and not lose sight of what is most important, or else the adventure isn't fun anymore.

I'll try to post a picture of my little Toothless Wonder soon. As for Ethan, he hasn't been too shaken by all this. He's still enjoying life to the fullest. Hopefully I can continue to follow his example and do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment