Friday, March 4, 2011

Where did I Go?

Hello Blogger World!
Yes, It has been a while since my last post. Something like 5 months. Geez. Well, I must say I haven't been sitting around doing nothing. There's been a lot going on. So let's recap...

1. I am STILL adjusting to being a mom of three boys. I don't think I'll ever totally adjust. There is just so much for me to get done, and so many needs to meet. I am still adjusting to the idea that I will NEVER accomplish all that I want to. So I just have to get each item on my to-do list as it comes, or as mandatory. But, I will say that there is never a dull moment in our house. Like today I sat on the couch while nursing my 10 month old Colton, and 2 year old Ethan climbs up to sit beside me, looking at me funny, just smiling and wanting attention. And then my 5 year old Jaden has to get into the act. Yes it's fun, and it's those moments that I sit back and say wow, look at the amazing gifts God has given me. Yes, I feel extremely blessed.

2. I started my own business, selling Scentsy Wickless Candles. I love the products, and the extra cash that has helped us with our financial goals. Scentsy is amazing! If you haven't tried them, you really must try it. And Scentsy has been so much fun for me, to meet new people and set goals to work toward them. It's been great to get out of my comfort zone and do something to take break from mom role every now and then . I'm loving my new part-time job! But who wouldn't love a job that pays you do parties and host girls night out.

3. Jaden, is doing well in Kindergarten. He LOVES it. He is such a social butterfly and so smart! We have done some fun field trips. Some of them include touring the Aquarium in Galveston, and then attending the play, "The Grinch Stole Christmas." He also got to go to Panera Bread and tour the bakery facilities there. He even got to ice his own cinnamon role by dipping his hand in a bucket of icing. That was a blast for him and his friends. Jaden is also doing very well learning to read. I have been teaching him at home in addition to what he is learning at school. Jaden enjoys reading with Mommy and loves learning, most days.

2. Ethan is growing into a smiling happy boy. And a passionate little boy. When I say "passionate" I mean that he wants to do things his way, on his terms. He is very adomant on some things. I just have to smile some days when I see how determined he is. The 2s and 3s are going to be a fun stage. But he really does keep us laughing. He is just so stinking cute!

3. Colton is my sweet precious baby! He is so much fun and his smile melts my heart. He is such an easy going baby. And it's great to see his big brothers interact with him. Colton is trying so hard to crawl, but hasn't mastered it just yet. But he has been rolling around to get into things. So we have to watch what is lying around, such as legos or hot wheels.

4. My husband is enjoying his job, staying busy riding his bike, hanging out with college students. and fixing computers. He loves wrestling with his boys! I think that is his biggest work out, especially when he hangs out with all three of them to give me a needed break.

However, the most important thing has been my relationship with God. As a mom of three, I have tried to simplify my life. But I learned that spending time with God is not a thing that I can leave out. So because of that I have to make spending time with God a priority, because I was designed to spend time with my creator. God fills me up in my soul the way noone else can. I tried to fill it with other stuff, and it left me more empty. I need time with God to be normal, and to be the mom, wife and friend I want to be. Most afternoons, we have quiet time as I have taught my sons that we have to be quiet to have fun for the rest of the day. Quiet time is good time.

So there is my recap to catch up. So now I need to move onto other stuff so I can get to bed sometime tonight. Who knows when my next post might be? I hope to post some pics in the near future. I've got some good ones.

Later, alligator!

No comments:

Post a Comment